Electric bicycle and scooter theory test for holders of “2A5” visa – Tigrinya, Hebrew, Arabic, English
Starting in June 2022, anyone who holds a 2A5 visa can take a “theory” test (theoretical driving test) to get a license to drive electric bicycles and scooters (electric scooters). Those who successfully pass the test will receive a license to drive electric bicycles and scooters.
Please note: it is forbidden to drive an electric bicycle or a scooter without having a license for it. You have probably heard of friends who received fines because they drove without a license.
What do you need to do to take the theory test?
- First, you need to go to one of the licensing branches throughout the country (no need to make an appointment in advance), and present a valid passport or a valid original visa of the Population and Immigration Authority. At the licensing office you will receive a special ID number (starting with the digits 89). This service is available at all licensing branches throughout the country, except for the following branches: Beit She’an, Tzfat, Yokneam, Dalyat Al Carmel, Kiryat Arba, Ariel, Ofakim and Rahat.
- After receiving the special identification number (89), you need to fill out an online form for issuing a driver’s license and enter the number you received in the “ID number” field.
- After filling out the online form, you need to go to one of the “photo booths” with an ID card (passport or a valid visa on an original page of the Population and Immigration Authority), take a photo and pass an eye test. You must bring the document that includes the ID number you received at the licensing office with you to the “photo booth”.
- After that, you will receive a text message (message to your phone) confirming you might proceed in the process and coordinate a . At the moment the test is written, in Hebrew, Arabic or English only. We are working on opening the possibility to take an exam in Tigrinya in writing and/or an oral exam in Hebrew.
- After successfully passing the test, you will receive a written confirmation that you have passed the theory test.
*** The instructions published by the Ministry of Transportation are available online, on the general page dealing with driving licenses (https://www.gov.il/he/service/apply_for_new_driver_drivers_license ) > Theory test (theory) > Theory test for electric bicycles or scooters for visa holders according to section S2A5 .